Healthy muffins? Bread? cake? moist and delicious? sugar and grain free? full of healthy proteins? YES!!! Your peach will never be the same again.
Pesach will be here any minute and with it the lovely family gatherings, the big seder, and a week of possible constipation and/or tummy ache (that’s my experience at least). Well these recipes are not just for pesach, but whenever you want to lay o
ff the grains and sugar and lose weight while still eating delicious foods.
Banana chocolate muffins
1/4 cup Coconut flour
1/4 cup Cacao Powder
1/4 tsp Real Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3 Eggs (preferably pastured!)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
3/4 c. Green-Tipped Banana, mashed
1. Heat the oven to 375 F and prepare a muffin tin with baking cups.
2. Mix the coconut flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl
3. Blend in the eggs, oil, and mashed banana, mixing on high until everything is thoroughly combined.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared muffin cups, and pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. They taste best when they're hot out of the oven. (Doesn't everything?)
6. They are delicious plain, but I prefer to top them with a generous serving of butter!
7. You could also turn these into cupcakes with a whipped coconut cream 'frosting' and berries. :)
Almond bread loaf
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add honey, and vinegar
3. Stir wet ingredients into dry
4. Scoop batter into a well greased 7.5 x 3.5 inch magic line loaf pan
5. Bake at 160° for 45-55 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean
6. Cool and serve
To store this bread, wrap in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week
Poppy seed cake
1 cup almond flour
1 cup ground poppyseed
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
2.5 tbsp honey
juice from 1 orange
1. Mix dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
2. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and pour into a loaf tin.
3. Pre-heat the over to 180c and bake for about 20min
4. Cover with chocolate ganache made of 85% dark chocolate and double cream.
Recipe: Moran Daniel
Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger muffins
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup finely diced Granny Smith apples
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 cups ground almonds
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Large eggs
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Heat oven to 180c.
Line a muffin pan with muffin papers.
Cook apples until soft in coconut oil on frying pan.
Remove from heat and add the cinnamon and ginger.
Stir until well coated and allow to cool while making batter.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl
In another bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice, water and fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with batter and bake for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
From: The RESTART Cookbook
Easy Breakfast pancakes
1 large egg
2 tbsp ground almonds
Mix together into an even blend
Fry pancakes in coconut oil
For more recipes and to learn how to eat for your health join us for The RESTART Program, a five week nutritional course and sugar detox in a supportive group environment.
Classes Starting after easter:
LJS, 25 April 2.30pm
Yoga Balance, North Finchley, 26th April 7pm.
For more details and to sign in: http://www.tamital.co.uk/restart